The Era of Blockchain Interoperability Begins
A few weeks ago, we announced our partnership with Polygon, making T-REX the first protocol for security tokens on a decentralized, secure, fast and cost-efficient infrastructure. Polygon is a framework for building and connecting Ethereum-compatible blockchain networks, opening the door to cross-chain interoperability.
The constraints of the Ethereum network slowed the adoption of security tokens for financial institutions. The network was secure and resilient, but it was difficult to use for non-experts because of the gas fee mechanism and the relative slowness of transactions. Now, we are able to assist our clients in issuing securities on a highly efficient and scalable infrastructure.
Securities issuers, asset managers, fund managers and investment banks can now easily choose to issue on this infrastructure:
- Cheap – Thanks to PoS, transaction fees usually cost less than 1 cent
- Fast – Transactions are confirmed by the network in a few seconds
- Scaleable – The network is capable of >10k tx/s
- Easy-to-use – Users can still use Metamask and other Ethereum wallets, they just need to switch the network to Polygon.
- Interoperable – as Polygon is based on the EVM (Ethereum Virtual Machine), it means it leverages the security of Ethereum whilst being interoperable with the wider ecosystem
Due to these new capabilities, we’re receiving many requests from institutions tokenizing their assets. New types of assets and projects become eligible for tokenization such as micro-loans, loyalty tokens for your employees or your customers, or even cross-border payment systems.