- Traditional custodians have an important role to play in digital asset custody
- The key to compliant security token custody is digital identity
- Digital identities enable token recovery (restitution obligations)
- Custodians need access to the token smart contracts, not to the investors’ wallets
- Security Token Custody = Wallets + Smart Contract Management + Digital Identities
Timeline of the panel’s discussions:
- (02:54) What are the differences between security tokens and crypto tokens?
- (08:11) What do we mean by custody?
- (16:13) How does custody compare with the traditional and security token world?
- (26:48) How do digital identities play a role in custody and security tokens broadly?
- (31:54) What do custodians, issuers and investors need for custody?
- (35:04) What’s the point of bringing this onto the blockchain?
- (46:10) Q&A